Monday, March 22, 2010

here comes the bride!

Wow, this is my 100th post!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy! Two weekends ago scott and I buckled down and got the house crazy clean and started our wedding invitations, they are super cute! They also required us to get a new printer. Our old printer was possessed so getting a new one was necessary at some point, the wedding invites were just the excuse we needed...

This past weekend was one of the best weekends ever, my baby sis got married! It was a crazy weekend but once 530pm hit on saturday night it was all worth it!

Scott and I drove down to SD thursday night and checked into a hotel. Lots of guests were at my parents house so we opted to feel like we were on a vacay and stay at a hotel, which was a great decision on our part! Friday morning scott and I went on a beautiful run around the San Diego bay, it was so nice out, definitely felt like a wonderful spring day. We then met up with some of the wedding party for lunch at Oggi's pizza and then went to do the rehearsal for the wedding. My sister got married on the Submarine base in Point Loma, over looking the water. During the rehearsal the wind was out of control, our hair was literally standing on end. We were praying that it would calm down for the wedding.

After the rehearsal I ran a few errands for myself and the bride-to-be and then we headed to my parents house for the rehearsal dinner. The wedding party plus the ushers were there, it was fun to just hang out and chat with everyone. My aunt Joan, Anna, and Ryan also arrived from New York on friday night. I have not seen them in over 13 years, so it was sooooo good to see them! The night ended pretty late as I made all the boutonnieres, corsages and my sisters bouquet. It was a very long process, but for having zero experience in making any of them I think they turned out great! My sis and mom made the bridesmaids bouquets the day before, they looked great too, but thank gosh we didn't need to do those on friday night as well. It was well after 11pm when we left to get back to the hotel. You can imagine that I pretty much passed out as soon as a I washed my face and my head hit the pillow.

Saturday my sis, her best friend chrissy and I had hair appts starting at 930 am. By 1230 I was finally on my way to run a few more errands and then have a breather for a few minutes before we headed over to the ceremony and reception area. Of course it was a crazy afternoon, I think crazy might be an understatement. I can guarantee you after this weekend I could soooooo be a wedding planner, I was directing people like it was my job! Hey, the maid of honor is supposed to make sure the bride is not stressed! The wedding party started to arrive at 3 pm, we started getting things set up, rearranging things that I instructed them to do the day before, but for some reason the did not do as promised. We spent 2 hours getting everyone ready, the boys were setting up the decorations etc, as well as Tina and Mark (thanks guys!).

I think it became apparent that I was in charge when I went outside to announce that everyone needed to make sure john was not any where in sight because ashlee was about to walk across the hallway to the bathroom. When I made this announcement I yelled much louder than I had anticipated and since my voice also echoed I am pretty sure the people across the bay could hear me and thought I was declaring war!

Things finally got wrapped up and we were ready to go. I of course began crying before I even walked down the aisle! I cannot describe how beautiful the ceremony turned out! The wind was CALM! In the beginning of the ceremony a massive cruise ship was leaving SD and passed by the background. The captain of the ship must have noticed the ceremony because he gave a night big honk for us! We also were graced with a fly over of a Navy prowler, which was so loud the chaplain had to stop talking...he then announced to the crowd, if you only knew how hard it is to arrange something like that! Another surprise in the ceremony was when John surprised the bride with a brand new huge sparkly engagement ring, it was so gorgeous, when I saw him put it on after the wedding band I gasped like I had seen a ghost, hahaha!

This post is beginning to take the length of the new health care bill so I think I will end it now and just show you a sneak peak at the pictures of the wonderful beautiful day!

you can see in this picture that I have been crying like a baby who is teething! This is about 10 minutes after I did my maid of honor speech. Scott informed me that I brought down the house but I was so focused on just reading it and getting through it without sobbing that all I could see through my water filled glasses were the speech and my sister.

the father daughter dance, this pic is a bit dark

Stay tuned for many more pictures!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Content Sincerely Jen | Design Poppiness Designs